Tips For Finding The Right Real Estate Agent For You
Buying a home is a huge financial decision. That’s why finding the right real estate agent with experience to guide you through the process is crucial. There are so many to choose from that finding one that is the right fit for you can feel overwhelming. It is essential to find the perfect professional for you. This person will be guiding you through a difficult process and needs to be able to answer any and all questions that arise. You need to find an agent with a clear understanding of the ins and outs of the housing market. Let’s look at some helpful tips for spotting a great realtor that you can trust.
What is the difference between a realtor and a real estate agent?
Real estate agents are licensed in the states that they work and follow national and state laws. They complete coursework and pass an exam to meet licensure requirements. Realtors are licensed real estate agents that are members of the National Association of Realtors. They pledge to abide by the association’s standards and code of ethics. Consumers may feel more at ease with a Realtor because they are thoroughly vetted and sworn to uphold certain professional standards.
5 Tips for Finding the Right Real Estate Agent For YOU
- Sellers should get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will ensure that you know the maximum amount you can borrow. It will also help you weed out any initial issues that might need to be worked out. Having a pre-approved mortgage helps you stick to home in the right price range for you. It also helps show a potential Realtor that you are a serious buyer. In today’s market, you need a preapproval letter for a seller to even consider your offer.
- Evaluate what “the right agent” means to you. What you value in an agent might mean something different to you than someone else. Make a list of qualities that you are looking for in an agent. Remember that “best” is a very subjective term. Do you value an agent with a top sales status, one that has the most experience, or is customer service your priority? Finding someone that you “click” with or that feels natural talking to would be helpful. Remember, you will be communicating with this agent for several months as you search for a home or attempt to sell yours.
- Interview at least 3 agents. This is your opportunity to get a sense of the agent’s experience and personality. It is important to find someone that is familiar with the area you are looking to buy or sell in, plus understands your budget and needs. They should present themselves as polished and professional. If they don’t, they are not the person you want working to buy or sell your home. Your interview gives you a chance to figure out their preferred method of communication and their availability. Ask each agent the same questions and compare their responses.
Some questions to ask:
- How long have you been a Realtor? What experience and training do you have?
- How many clients do you currently have?
- Are you part of a team?
- How long do you typically work with clients to close on a home?
- What do you do to help clients stay competitive in the market?
- What are your commission fees?
Compare each of the agents’ experience and their approaches to selling or buying.
Determine if this person is someone you feel comfortable working with.
- Check the Realtors references. Request references and speak with clients that worked with the agent in the last year. Conversations with recent clients will help you determine if the agent is a good fit for you. Ask them if they were satisfied with the agent’s work and how the agent dealt with challenges. Would they hire that agent again for their next real estate transaction?
- Go with your gut instinct. Finding an agent that you can trust and feel comfortable with is just as important as their knowledge and experience. So find an agent that you have chemistry with. If you are getting a weird vibe from an agent, then trust your gut. There are plenty of other agents to choose from. Never settle for mediocre. The best Realtors know the latest real estate trends. Selling or buying a home is a big decision and you deserve the best partner to take you through the entire process.
Qualities to Look For in Your Realtor:
- Approachable and friendly
- Listens to your needs
- Excellent reviews and references
- Proactive problem solver
- Experienced and familiar in your area
- Upfront and transparent
- Good reputation locally
- Closes deals quickly and successfully
- Responsive and strong communication skills
A good agent will set realistic expectations by explaining the availability of listed homes and the level of competition you’ll face with other buyers. He or she will help you stay grounded within your budget and goals. An agent that recommends the highest price is not always the best choice. The right agent will have strong market knowledge. Volume of sales is not always the most important factor, however, you want to find a Realtor that is active in the industry. The more transactions an agent has under his belt, the more adept he or she is at solving complications as they arise.
In the competitive market we have today, the right real estate Realtor and Broker makes a huge difference.
Boyle and Kahoe Real Estate was founded in April 2019 by Jessica Boyle Tsottles and Robert Kahoe. The brokerage foundation is based on a strong passion for real estate and helping connect clients to the right properties. Jessica Boyle Tsottles is an experienced Realtor in Harford County, and Robert Kahoe is an experienced attorney focusing on real estate, estates and trusts. Together, the two are blending their vast knowledge bases together to start a brokerage that will be able to handle any real estate transaction. Both with local roots to Harford County for over 100 years, they are the area’s best experts!
Boyle & Kahoe Real Estate is a team of local real estate professionals committed to selling some of the most desired homes in Harford County. Selling these “right addresses” is the mission of Boyle & Kahoe Real Estate. Let us know what you’re looking for. Our goal is to be informative and helpful. Through our service we hope to earn your business with our exemplary level of service and extensive local knowledge of Harford County and the surrounding areas. Contact us for more information.